Tuesday, March 6, 2018

The "SIMBOX" computer


I wanted a stackable sim racing computer for my sim that could flow air from the front of the cabinet and out the back, so I could have it in a HI-FI rack beside my sim rig. I could not find a case that suited my needs, so I made one myself out of a midi size sharkoon cabinet.

So first I drew some sketches:



To the making! I used a plexiplate and used 2k epoxy glue for use in car plastics.




I used a airsaw to cut out airintake.


Sprayed with paintfiller.


Testing the front with a fan grill I made from a perforated steel plate I bought from ebay.




I got it painted flat black to match the amplifiers it will stack up with.




I got a sticker made for my SIMBOX


Up and running!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Quick release sim wheel

I'm working on a buttonbox with shiftlight and a little display for sim wheels in 32 to 33cm (13") size. I also designed a new p...